Emmanuel Haiti Missions Team
We have been going to Haiti for a few years now, and been involved in a number of projects - building a house, earthquake relief, soccer camps, medical help, establishing a computer school etc. In addition, we put on a VBS camp that included bible studies, crafts, music and sports, compound maintenance/repairs . We are working with an organization called Mission of Tears in Canada, who co- ordinate with Foundation Enfant Jesus (FEJ) in Haiti.
- Gordon Lewis has indicated that there is still a great need in Haiti for the Barrels of Blessing and Mission of Tears are sending off shipments every couple of months. Praise God, let us continue to pray for this ministry.
- Jacquie Hamilton has made 50 blankets (quilts) for the Orphanage. Praise God, thank you Jacquie.
- The FEJ school is in operation and Pastor Spencer is supporting the school and the orphanage
- His little girl will be attending FEJ in September 2022
- Our driver, Roberto and his wife and family are coming along well since the house fire and appreciate the financial gift and prayers of Emmanuel Baptist Church Family.
- FEJ is appreciative of the support from Emmanuel Baptist Church Family for Pastor Spencer and the sponsorship of children who attend FEJ school
- We have obtained six barrels for packing from Sprague Foods, Belleville, they are donating these to us. Thank you to Gary and Priscilla Smith for picking them up and John Uings for the loan of the truck.
- It is still unsafe to travel to Haiti.
On January 8th to 15th, 2020, a small group of people traveled to Haiti for a one week vision trip for a project called "Sew & Share".
We also still have more children who need sponsorship for school. Please pray, as we do the preparation for a possible trip to the orphanage in January 2019. Contact: Contact: Donna Rogers email@example.com or Ashley Kirkham firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Project - Barrels for Haiti.
We have been given an opportunity to fill barrels with medical supplies, clothes, school supplies and much needed food.
During this time, Covid19 is leaving an ugly footprint for the Haitians to navigate. Mission of Tears who we partner with, has arranged to ship barrels to the FEJ headquarters in Port au Prince and then on to the school in La Mardell, the orphanage and to about 150 families that they help.
The Haiti Committee of Emmanuel Baptist Church would like to thank everyone who contributed by praying, giving items or a donation to the, “Barrels of Blessings” project. Thanks to your participation we were able to fill six barrels with food, clothes, school supplies, shoes and medical supplies. Our friends at Foundation Enfant Jesus are excitedly awaiting the arrival of the much-needed supplies. Special thanks to Adam Holgate who loaded everything into his truck and van for us to take to Havelock to pack.
We want to thank Mission of Tears, under the leadership of Gordon and Dianne Lewis, for organizing this project. Thanks, from the packing team: Ashley Kirkham, Poppy Holgate, Donna Rodgers and Jenny Rodgers
The DAYS For Girls Sewing Group, is Part of our mission to Haiti. They meet periodically at Emmanuel to sew masks and needed supplies for girls in Haiti. If you would like to be a part of would like more information contact Ashley Kirkham (613) 503-2583 or Donna Rodgers (613)