We have reopened the doors at Emmanuel to physically gather for church services again! We know that "Church" is not a building, that the church has been alive and active during this time of quarantine, but we also know the importance of the biblical command of meeting together physically to worship and build each other up.
We will be reopening the church building for services prayerfully, thoughtfully, and in line with government protocols in place to keep everyone as safe as possible. We know that not everyone is ready to come back to church, and that is ok, we understand. We will continue to provide the services online until you are ready.
We have two services to choose from at 9am and 11am. We are following the government protocol of 30% Capacity limiting our services to 140 people in the building. Currently we have lots or room and overflow if needed. There is no need to signup ahead, just come on out!
If you attend here in the building, here are some of the Protocols in place:
Sunday 9am & 11am inside Building:
- You should not come to church if you have any Covid19 Symptoms: fever, coughing, and shortness of breath; if you have had contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid19 in the last 14 days; or have been out of the country in the last 14 days.
- When Parking and in the parking Lot, maintain social distancing guidelines with those outside your social bubble.
- Everyone will enter through the Main Entrance, maintaining social distance. Greeters will open the doors for you, provide you with hand sanitizer, and will guide you into the building safely. All staff & greeters will be wearing face shields for your protection.
- Masks are now Mandatory in Places of worship in Prince Edward County, if you are in need of one, we will have some available. Children under 5 are not required to wear a mask.
- We will not be providing any physical material such as bulletins or sermon notes, but will make these available online. We ask that you keep all personal belongings with yourself at all times, there will no shelving or coat racks available.
- We will continue to encourage online giving, but will provide an offering plate at Welcome Desk for for any physical offering when entering and exiting the building, and the debit machine at the welcome desk.
- To maintain safe social distancing when seated, we will be taping off every other row, and asking you to leave at least 3 chairs between you and those in another household or social bubble.
- During the service singing is allowed, however we do ask you to not sing without a mask for the safety and concern of others. We do have a live worship team leading us, and have given safe distance between them and the congregation.
- We have no formal children's program, but during the message Kids in Kindergarten to Grade 2 are invited outside for a Bible Story Time.
- Washrooms will be available. We are cleaning the bathrooms regularly, and we do recommend that young children not use the bathrooms without parental supervision.
- A reminder that there is no physical contact allowed within the building, outside of your own household. No hugging or handshaking at this time. (yes you can snuggle with your spouse)
- Also a reminder to use good hygiene and etiquette such as washing hands regularly in bathrooms provided, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, and using the hand sanitizer provided throughout the building.
We know that these protocols will be different, and that they will make church not quite the same! But our desire is to obey government protocols and keep everyone safe. We know that not everyone sees these protocols the same, and are reminding everyone to strive to keep the unity of the body of Christ, and to consider the interests of others. If you have any questions about our services or protocols, you can contact us through email here.
You can also continue to watch our services from wherever you are, live or post recorded, on YouTube at our YouTube Channel EmmanuelLifeNetwork